Monday, November 26, 2007

Sorry for the long lapse between posts. I've been housesitting for my pastor and they have dial-up which is sooooo slow. I've been spoiled by DSL at home.
Well, Mom decided to get her eye done really soon. Her surgery is on the sixth I think. It's in the afternoon this time so we won't waste the whole day at the hotel like she and Kathy did. They are fine with it but it would probably have driven me nuts. Kathy is going with her again and I get to go this time. The woman that Tony and Kiki are working for has run out of things for Tony to do so I don't have Phaedra every day anymore. All I have is time now.
Thanksgiving went wonderfully. We have been getting hit with major wind this week and it made the electricity blip out a couple times but we didn't have an outage. Charlie didn't make it down because his car is kaput and he can't afford to fly down and back so soon after getting his new job. I guess he is going to get a new-to-him car. Hopefully he is burnt out on gettting junkers and trying to coax a few more miles out of them. The car he has now wasn't a junker when Dad bought it but it is now. I think maybe he's realized how important it is to have reliable transportation when you aren't really good friends with the boss.
Tony and Kiki brought the girls and a guy from church came. I was really excited to have a kiddy table!! Poor Phaedra was so tired though. I don't think she had a nap that day and she almost fell asleep while she was eating. All in all it was a great day. Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
That's pretty much all the new news for this post.
Later,
~Pam

No comments:

About Me

We're a family that came to Alaska in shifts. We've been here since 1995 and don't plan to leave any time soon.

For Jaime

Comment from a SMART President

" The government that is big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."

Thomas Jefferson President 1801-1809
Died on JULY 4th, 1826

Followers

I am a Food RENEGADE!

gnowfglins

Learn to cook online. Traditional foods, sourdough, and more!