Tuesday, October 2, 2007

The Girls






Here are some pictures of "my" girls. I can't believe how big they've gotten in just two years. Well, Phaedra I can understand cause she was barely out of the newborn phase when she started coming but India has grown about six inches in this last year alone. I made a pair of bloomers for her almost two years ago that covered her legs completely. Now they're like bicycle shorts and Phaedra wears them as regular pants. Needless to say, they are both tall for their ages. I was making a skirt the other day and measured them both and they both have nineteen inch waists. India's legs are as long as Phaedra is tall, but they have the same size waists!! I wonder if any of you are familiar with those baby carriers that are a seat attached to straps that wrap around your waist and go over your shoulders? I have one that India wanted to ride in about a month ago. They are rated for 35 pounds and she only weighs 5 more than that, so it should work right? Try putting a giraffe in one of those and you'll know what it was like trying to get her into it. She was on my back and her feet were hitting the back of my calves when I walked but her tiny butt fit in it perfectly. Craziness I tell you, craziness!!!!
Last year India was allowed to dye her hair. I don't know who thought of it, but when she was asked what color she wanted, of course she said purple. Her dad vetoed that however and they settled on a really pretty chestnut color. She is blonde and the rest of her family is brunette and she loved finally looking like them. It finally faded completely this summer and she's in a panic to do it again. I don't think it's going to happen but the precedent has been set. We'll see who can outlast who.
Phaedra, as I said, is talking very well now and she has something to say about everything. I know that a lot of it is reinforcing her knowledge but some of it is just noise, I'm sure of it. And she also has a separate facial expression to go with each word it seems like. I'm sure she thinks I'm a lunatic because she'll be perfectly earnest in what she's saying and I'll be laughing my head off at the look on her face. I don't understand the saying "terrible twos" cause her twos are turning out to be a riot. And she learned a long time ago that you don't say 'no' to me and she knows to say 'please' and 'thank you'. When I'm doing something that she doesn't like then she says 'please don't'. That's something I deliberately taught India and I guess she taught that to Phaedra because I sure didn't.
I think India teaches her little sister a lot of things because Phaedra knows her right and her left, her own anatomy and she can count to five on her fingers. She has that tone, you parents know the one, when you call her name and you get this sweet, drawn out "wwhhaatt?" that tells you that you need to see what she's doing, NOW. And she can con you out of or into anything, or at least she tries. India has pretty much outgrown that phase but she's made sure her legacy lives on.
Okay folks, enjoy the pictures.
~Pam

No comments:

About Me

We're a family that came to Alaska in shifts. We've been here since 1995 and don't plan to leave any time soon.

For Jaime

Comment from a SMART President

" The government that is big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."

Thomas Jefferson President 1801-1809
Died on JULY 4th, 1826

Followers

I am a Food RENEGADE!

gnowfglins

Learn to cook online. Traditional foods, sourdough, and more!